HealthEU is a broad-based effort to attach college students, school and workers with vital assets to assist their wellness and well-being.
With a brand new tutorial 12 months, Elon College has launched HealthEU, a complete effort to assist the well being and well-being of scholars, school and workers.
HealthEU offers entry to assets, academic instruments and assist for all members of the college neighborhood whereas cultivating private wellness values they will depend on even after leaving the college. The hassle features a sturdy web site at www.elon.edu/healtheu that may proceed to be up to date with new assets and assist join college students, school and workers with well being and wellness alternatives.
“Private and neighborhood well being and well-being are more and more essential to all members of the college neighborhood, and Elon could be a chief in guaranteeing folks have what they have to be secure, wholesome and fulfilled,” stated Vice President for Scholar Life Jon Dooley. “HealthEU is designed to attach college students, school and workers with the broad vary of assets that Elon has now and can proceed to construct out within the coming years. It’s a complete effort that may foster schooling, relationships and engagement.”
HealthEU is rooted in Elon’s Boldy Elon 10-year strategic plan, which was launched in spring 2020. Included inside the plan’s Thrive theme, the HealthEU initiative was developed with the objective of Elon serving as a nationwide mannequin for packages, analysis and dialogues selling resilience, belonging and all points of lifelong private wellness.
The preliminary work that might result in the launch of HealthEU predates the launch of Boldly Elon. Elon initiated a renewed give attention to well being and well-being beginning with the Presidential Job Pressure on Social Local weather and Out-of-Class Engagement and persevering with with the Scholar Wellness and Effectively-Being Work Group and the JED Campus undertaking.
These efforts are mirrored within the six dimensions of HealthEU that tackle the well-being of your complete individual. The six dimensions are:
- Group Effectively-Being
- Emotional Effectively-Being
- Monetary Effectively-Being
- Bodily Effectively-Being
- Function Effectively-Being
- Social Effectively-Being
HealthEU advances the “Act-Belong-Commit” framework that promotes optimistic bodily and psychological well being and which the college adopted in 2019. The ABC mannequin urges folks to be energetic, seek for a way of belonging and decide to a trigger with a view to promote happiness and good psychological well being.
A mannequin that’s “For You, For Us, For Our Group,” HealthEU features a visible id to assist college students, school and workers acknowledge methods to faucet into its assets. Central to that id is a lotus flower, which in lots of cultures is an emblem of resilience. The roots of the lotus are beneath water, with its stem rising by means of the mud to bloom simply above the water’s floor.
The brand new HealthEU web site is a handy instrument to attach with the number of choices that fall beneath the HealthEU umbrella. Every dimension has its personal searchable database of varied initiatives, occasions and academic assets that may help college students, school and workers in advancing their well being and well-being in that space.
The web site additionally contains the newest information and updates round well being and well-being on the college in addition to a listing of upcoming HealthEU occasions.
Additionally new this 12 months is the extension and growth of the college’s partnership with TimelyCare, a service for college students that gives assist from anyplace in the USA, 7 days per week, 12 months a 12 months. College students provided overwhelmingly optimistic suggestions to a pilot providing of TimelyCare in the course of the 2021-22 tutorial 12 months, with greater than 1,000 Elon college students accessing companies.
New companies provided this 12 months are scheduled counseling, well being teaching, group periods and entry to psychiatry companies. These companies are provided along with current in-person companies provided with no person charges by means of the college’s Counseling Companies and Scholar Well being Companies. College students can study extra about TimelyCare and create a free account right here.
The HealthEU initiative will proceed to develop within the coming years as Elon achieves extra of the targets outlined within the Thrive theme of Boldly Elon. The college is transferring ahead with planning for expanded neighborhood wellness, recreation and well being middle within the coronary heart of campus that may probably embody the development of a brand new facility.
Supporting the HeathEU effort are members of the Council on Wellness and Effectively-Being:
- Ginette Archinal, medical director of scholar well being companies and college doctor
- Ann Bullock, dean of the Dr. Jo Watts Williams Schhool of Training, professor of schooling and director of instructor schooling
- Stacie Dooley, assistant dean of profession and scholar improvement, Elon Legislation
- Marcus Elliott, director of the Odyssey Program
- Jenny Gonzalez, inside designer
- Anita Hodnett, director of counseling companies
- Kathy Harrison, school/workers well being and wellness clinic supervisor
- René Jackson, affiliate director of profession companies for graduate faculty packages and director of PACE program
- Caroline Ketcham, professor of train science
- Susan Kirkland, affiliate vp for finance and administration
- Danielle Lake, director of design considering and affiliate professor
- Larry Mellinger, director of campus recreation and wellness
- Paul Miller, affiliate provost for educational excellence and operations and professor of train science
- Sylvia Muñoz, assistant dean of scholars and director of the Middle for Race, Ethnicity, and Variety Training
- Melissa Murfin, affiliate professor, analysis coordinator and director of curriculum and instruction for the doctor assistant research program, director of schooling methods for the Faculty of Well being Sciences
- Roselee Papandrea Taylor, affiliate director of college communications for admissions communications
- Jana Lynn Patterson, affiliate vp for scholar life, dean of scholars and assistant professor
- Brandy Propst, director of Elon 1010 and assistant director of educational advising
- Kelli Shuman, affiliate vp for human assets and chief human assets officer
- Jeff Stein, vp for strategic initiatives and assistant professor of English
- Amanda Tapler, senior lecturer in public well being research
- Joshua Tillotson, captain, Campus Security and Police
- Paul Tongsri, director of scholar care and outreach
- Charlotte Williams, affiliate director of campus recreation and wellness for scholar wellness
- Kathy Ziga, interim director of educational advising